Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blog Updates

Please note that we posted 2 "real" stories today, so don't just read this update and then stop. We just wanted to mention a couple of changes we made the blog.

  1. We have added links to subscribe to RSS feeds. If you know what those are, you're nerdy enough to appreciate them. If you don't know what they are you need to repent of your ignorance and start taking advantage of the awesome stuff that nerds create for you.
  2. We removed the "word verification" security feature on the comments. Sorry for the hassle this created before. We didn't realize we had this feature enabled. Leaving a comment is no longer like a stressful pass / fail exam.

3 comments:

kathiek said...

Thank you for #2. About #1:

I do know what RSS feeds are (I must confess I just learned that in my last class at the Apple store), but I don't understand how you set it up. Would you be so kind as to explain it? That way I won't have to wait until next week (when I have my next class) to start taking advantage of this awesome thing some nerds created for me. Thanks!

(And if you can't, because you have neither the time nor the inclination, no pressure, I'll just wait until next week to ask some nerds at the Apple Store to explain it to me...they have to do it, it's their job.) ;-]

jason said...

Kathy - if you use safari on a mac, you click on the rss feed link and then add that link to your bookmarks like you would add any link to a bookmark. Then when there is a new post a little number shows up next to the bookmark at the top of the browser. It's really quite nice!

peaj said...

Yay for nerds!

I use Google Reader - that way, I can set up my feeds in one place and read them everywhere (since I am typically on at least three computers in any one day).

Thanks for including the Google feed link!